We are using cookies to give you the best website experience we can. Read More.
Congratulations on your sparkling new lifestyle! Here’s how to get the bubbles flowing and make the most of your newest countertop addition.
While you’re eagerly awaiting your Carbonator’s arrival, you can start prepping ahead of time. Your Carbonator is compatible with standard 400-425g/60l cylinders of food grade C02 for sparkling water makers. Depending on where you are, you can find them on Amazon, local online retailers, and sometimes in supermarkets—where empty cylinders can also be exchanged for new ones at a discount.
If you’re struggling to find cylinders in your area, please contact us and we will help you out.
Your Carbonator has arrived! It’s time to dive in. Remove your cylinder’s plastic cap and install the gas cylinder by doing the following:
1. Lift up and remove the drip tray
2. Gently lay the Carbonator on its side on a hard surface with the Lever facing up
3. Through the hole in the bottom of the machine, slide in the cylinder and, while still holding it, push it to the top of the opening—please avoid simply dropping it in, as this could damage your Carbonator’s screw in mechanism!
4. When you feel it reach the top, screw the cylinder in with a clockwise motion until fastened, no need to over-tighten.
Bottle Filling & Prep
To prepare for carbonation, rinse the included PET Water Bottle and fill it with clean water up to the marked filling line. Place the bottle over the nozzle and secure it by rotating in a counterclockwise motion. Make sure it’s not crooked when fully screwed in and reattach properly if needed.
Pro tip: Fill the bottle with cold water and let it sit in the fridge before carbonation. Cold water naturally achieves better level of carbonation and stays bubbly longer.
Let’s do this. Once the bottle is attached, hold the lever down and let the water carbonate until you hear a buzzing sound. If you prefer even more bubbles, repeat this process up to 3 times.
Here’s how to conserve gas, while maximising bubbles:
After holding down the lever and hearing the buzzing sound, do not release the lever all the way up. Instead, while still holding it, release it halfway and push down until the next buzzing sound. You can repeat this motion one more time before fully releasing the lever.
This way you’re making the most of your gas supply, since no extra CO2 is used to create pressure in the bottle between the carbonation cycles.
Things to keep in mind
- Only the Aarke PET Water Bottle should be used with your Carbonator to ensure it serves you well for years to come.
- For the same reason, please only add Flavour Drops or Drink Mixers and other delicious ingredients after carbonation, directly into your glass. For inspiration, check out our Aarke Recipes.
Now you’re ready to enjoy your sparkling new lifestyle!
Tag us (@aarke) on images of your Aarke drinks and interiors for a chance to get featured.